Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Labiaplasty May Be Covered by Insurance, Notes Chicago-area Plastic Surgeon Allan Parungao, MD

Labiaplasty Might Be Covered by Insurance, Notes Chicago-region Plastic Surgeon Allan Parungao, MD












Allan Parungao, MD, FACS



Oak Brook, Ill. (PRWEB) May possibly 6, 2010

New statistics from the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery reveal a 100.7% enhance in the number of vaginal rejuvenation procedures performed on American ladies from 2008 to 2009. 1 of the most popular of these procedures is labiaplasty.


"For females who suffer from big or uneven labia minora--a condition identified as labial hypertrophy--labiaplasty can give the inner vaginal lips a much more trim, youthful look," says board-certified plastic surgeon Allan Parungao, MD, FACS.


"Labiaplasty reduces and/or balances the size of the inner lips of the vulva, or external female genitals," explains Dr. Parungao, author of A Woman's Guide to Cosmetic Breast Surgery and Body Contouring. "Right after labiaplasty, the labia minora no longer protrude outside the outer vaginal lips.


"Like any plastic surgery, labiaplasty may possibly be covered by well being insurance when it is deemed medically required--not just cosmetic surgery," says Dr. Parungao. "Of course, whether or not a patient's labiaplasty process is covered by insurance also depends on the terms of her policy.


"Labial hypertrophy is regarded as a medical dilemma when it causes recurrent infections and irritation," he explains. In cases like this, Dr. Parungao's office writes letters and submits documentation to the patient's insurer--and frequently gets the procedure approved for coverage.


This was the case with "Jennifer," a 30-year-old newlywed from New Jersey who recently traveled to Chicago for labiaplasty. Like thousands of ladies with big or uneven labia, Jennifer had been silently enduring:


Painful sex and embarrassment in intimate relationships
Persistent moisture, chafing, irritation and recurrent infections
Embarrassment and discomfort when wearing a bathing suit or tight-fitting jeans

"When I hit my early 20s, I was having a lot of medical conditions such as recurring yeast infections," Jennifer recalls. "I went to see loads of doctors and no 1 truly had an answer for me.


"I'd constantly been uncomfortable in my clothing--irritated constantly," she adds. "I couldn't even wear specific underwear. But when it started taking a toll on my marriage, I said, 'Let me see if other girls are doing something to take care of this.'"


"Some ladies first locate out about labiaplasty when they stumble upon it on the Internet," notes Dr. Parungao--and this was accurate with Jennifer.


"I began looking things up on-line to see if there was a procedure and I discovered the medical term for it," Jennifer recalls. "All the factors females were giving for labiaplasty had been my factors.


"I sent Dr. P a heartfelt letter explaining every thing I was going through," she says. "I was having sexual trouble at house--I wouldn't even let my husband touch me. I would freak out if he walked in on me when I was in the shower.


"Dr. P wrote back correct away and said, 'Send me a couple of pictures and I'll review them,'" Jennifer recalls.


"I by no means felt comfy talking to anybody about this dilemma--not even my mom--until recently, when I told her I was attempting to go for labiaplasty," Jennifer admits. "When she took the photos for me, she said, 'I realize. You need to be actually uncomfortable.' And I was--physically and emotionally.


"Right after I sent Dr. Parungao my photos, he said I had a extremely powerful case," Jennifer recalls. "He submitted the paperwork to my insurance company. It took a lot of going back and forth, but they did cover it."


Jennifer and her husband traveled from New Jersey to Chicago on a Monday. She had a consultation on Tuesday, surgery on Wednesday, a follow-up go to on Thursday--and went home to New Jersey later that day.


"Now I'm so comfy in my jeans!" says Jennifer. "Issues feel so a lot better--and it looks cute now," she adds. "It feels like what it often need to have felt like."


For a lot more information about labiaplasty, check out http://www.parungao.com/body-contouring/labiaplasty.


Allan Parungao, MD, FACS, is a plastic surgeon and author board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He has Chicago-area offices in Oak Brook, Naperville and Vernon Hills, Ill. For far more information, go to http://www.parungao.com.


# # #






















Vocus©Copyright 1997-

, Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC.
Vocus, PRWeb, and Publicity Wire are trademarks or registered trademarks of Vocus, Inc. or Vocus PRW Holdings, LLC.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

The size of my labia is causing irritation and major pain. labia reduction surgery has been on my mind for a while but it is too expensive and because it is considered cosmetic my insurance plan does not cover it. I can not bare it any longer, I simply cant live this way, it hurts to just sit and walk!

Anonymous said...

It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something Ignorance though,I found pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure's I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara,Conley,Mckinney and many more suffrin from all kind of disease so i contacted him . He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.

Post a Comment